Usually, one, or several, of the main characters are on a life threatening situation. They try to show the world from what it had been if they had made different choices in their lives.
Right now I’m watching episode 9 of season 4, where Hayley is involved in a hit and run and Lucas has had a cardiac arrest. Lucas, as many people, starts questioning why so many bad things happen to good people: Keith has been killed, Peyton lost both her mothers/was shot/attacked by psycho Derek, and Nathan has some kind of PTSD for saving Cooper and Rachel.
Then Keith takes Lucas into this “ride”, showing him how different his life, and his friends’ lives could’ve been if he had made different choices.
If only that could happen in real life, to see what you’ve missed or the things you’ve changed…
No matter how much you care about someone or how much you’d wish to hold on to certain parts of your life, you need to get your priorities straight and focus on what matters.
But when not forced to analyze and make a report on them, I actually adore poetry.
My favorites (in order):
1. The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost
2. Invictus by William Ernest Henley
3. Annabel Lee by Edgar Allen Poe
4. Still I Rise by Maya Angelou
5. All That Is Gold Does Not Glitter by J.R.R Tolkien
6. How Do I Love Thee by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
7. No Man Is An Island by John Donne